Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Introduction to Country Kitchen

I've been writing Country Kitchen columns for newspapers and online pulbications since the mid-1960s. This has been a very enjoyable aspect of my writing. In fact, Country Kitchen, written for my hometown newspaper in Poughquag, NY, was my first published writing. I never imagined, at that time, I'd be writing this column for so many years.

However, it's been a way to share my thoughts and recipes, to reach out and encourage readers.
One reader mentioned that reading my column was like sitting down and chatting over a cup of tea with me.

Another reader said she enjoyed my "homespun philosophy." Someone else mentioned she enjoyed recalling incidents in her life that my column brought to mind.

I hope my Country Kitchen blog will bring enjoyment and inspiration to my readers, too.

(c)2005

No comments: